Valentine's Day Yummies
Celebrate love day with this tasteful healthy dessert!
- 200g (1 1/12 cups) raw, unsalted nuts (cashew, hazelnut, almond, etc.)
- 1 small cooked beet
- 250 g (9oz) chocolate (dark, milk, vegan)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a muffin tin with 10 small paper liners
- Whiz the nuts in a high speed blender for a few minutes until it gets thick and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides halfway through. Add the cooked beet and blitz again until combined. Place in a jar and store in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave. Using half the chocolate, place a tablespoon of the melted chocolate into the bottom of the liners. Gently rap the pan on the countertop to even the chocolate and remove any air bubbles. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden.
- Place teaspoons of the beet nut butter onto the center of the hardened chocolate and gently press down slightly with a damp spoon. Spoon more melted chocolate over the filling to cover.
- Refrigerate until hardened. Store in fridge until ready to eat.